Heavy-Duty 68RFE Transmission Pan Dodge Ram
Covered by a limited lifetime warranty.
PPE’s new transmission pan for the Ram 68RFE transmission is made in the USA and constructed from high-quality cast aluminum.
This pan features internal heat sinks and external cooling fins. These cooling fins, combined with the aluminum construction, promote reduced transmission fluid temperatures. Cooler fluid lubricates better which helps increase transmission service life.
This new pan comes with a Neodymium-equipped, 1-inch stainless steel drain plug to remove harmful ferrous metals from the transmission fluid. Kit includes two NPT plugs and access ports for temperature probes. The factory filter is retained, making future transmission service a cinch.
In testing, we used a 2013 2500 Cummins-powered Ram towing a 13,000 lb travel trailer. We took the pair on a 900 mile loop through city traffic, steep hill climbs as well as wide-open, flat highway runs. Transmission temperatures never went over 200 degrees. After cresting the top of hills, transmission temperatures also dropped much quicker than they did with the factory-installed stamped steel pan.
Unloaded temperatures were consistently 10 degrees (or lower) below those measured with a factory pan.
Applications: 2007.5 - 2021 Dodge Ram 2500HD/3500HD Trucks with the 6.7L Cummins Diesel with a 6-speed automatic.
Fits #45RFE / 545RFE with no exhaust pipe or the cross member interference.
Installation Guide: 228052000_Dodge 68RFE_v2C.pdf
- 3 quarts additional capacity
- Available in Raw, Black, or Brushed finishes
- 1/8 and 1/4 inch NPT temperature probe access ports
- 1 inch stainless steel drain plug equipped with an extremely powerful Neodymium magnet designed to extract harmful ferrous metal particles out of your transmission fluid.
- Robust side ribs provide additional case strength
- Deep baffles prevent “sloshing” and help transfer heat.
- Limited lifetime warranty
|Full Dimensions (LxWxH)||17" x 14" x 5"|
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.p65warnings.ca.gov